Four new Trainee Costs Lawyers wanted to strengthen team
Posted on 17th January 2023 at 10:22
WE are actively looking for four new trainee Costs Lawyers to strengthen our team and help us handle an increasing-busy schedule.
Applicants need to be qualified to degree level, not necessarily in a law subject, and be available to work in either our Beverley or Newcastle office.
The ideal candidate will be friendly, hardworking and be keen to pursue a career in the legal industry.
Carter Burnett is keen to recruit four new Trainee Costs Lawyer to its three-year training programme.
During this time, you will be required to comply with all relevant training requirements of the Association of Costs Lawyers and any in-house training, when necessary.
In essence, your role is to help Solicitors and Lawyers from external legal firms claim all the relevant Costs they are entitled to when representing a client on a Case.
Previous legal experience would be advantageous, but is not essential for the role as full training will be given by our experienced Law Costs professionals.
Areas of practice
• Personal Injury
• Clinical Negligence
• Commercial Litigation
During the training period, you will be taught how to conduct the following tasks so that you can carry them out independently.
• Drafting Schedules of Costs
• Drafting Bills of Costs
• Prepare and issue of Part 8 proceedings
• Consider Points of Dispute, assess offers and draft Replies
• Preparing for and attending upon Detailed Assessment Hearings
• Preparing costs budgets and associated work
• Attendance at CCMCs, if required
Remuneration & Benefits
• Salary from £22,000 during training period
• Full-time position, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
• 25 days holiday per year & bank holidays
• Additional holiday for your Birthday
• Free on-site parking (Hull/Beverley office)
• City centre location (Newcastle) - close to train station
• Modern working environment
• Excellent career progression
• Company pension
• Friendly team
• Casual dress
• Must be qualified to degree level & be willing to study further
• Able to demonstrate strong administrative and organisational skills
• Maintain good working relationships with external people and organisations
• Excellent oral communication skills
• Able to write clearly
• Work to deadlines
How to Apply
To register an interest, please email your CV and a covering letter stating any relevant experience to email@example.com
To find out more about working for us, please call 01482 534567 for an informal discussion.
This content will only be shown when viewing the full post. Click on this text to edit it.
Share this post: